Happy Friday, friends! I hope you enjoyed retiring winter indoors and brightening up your interior in anticipation of the warmer days ahead. This week, I would like to help you usher summer in to your outdoor spaces. Let’s summerize your yard and patio.
Get Your Yard Ready for Long Summer Nights
- Trim and weed your flower beds and your yard.
- Add splashes of color with hanging pots of pansies and little pots of marigolds.
- Pick up a few outdoor games to play on the lawn. Giant Jenga, Bocce Ball and Croquet are a few fan favorites!
- Make sure the grill is clean and has plenty of propane, charcoal or wood chips.
- Stock up on bug spray and sunblock.
Get Your Patio Summer Ready
- Hose or sweep the patio to get rid of webs, dust and leaves that piled up over the winter.
- Wipe down the outdoor chairs and cushions…ewww! You can pressure wash or wipe down with a soapy sponge or cloth.
- Plan your outdoor lighting. There are so many choices here – I personally love the string lights, but many of my friends like solar lights and candles. Be creative, it all works! If you opt for candles, purchase a new lighter.
- Keep lots of beverages and snacks on hand for kids. Look for a used mini-fridge to keep drinks cold and conveniently located outside!
Do Preventative Maintenance
- Check for cracks in the driveway and repair or reseal them.
- Test and lubricate the garage door.
- Inspect for insect activity and treat as needed.
- Fertilize the lawn and get your watering system planned or hooked up.
- Clean outdoor light fixtures a replace bulbs as needed.
I took it easier on you in the preventative maintenance area this time – you are welcome. I hope you feel inspired and energized to say “adios” to winter and “hello” to summer. Have fun summerizing the spaces that you call home!